2012 State Government Network Meeting (SGN)
Date: July 16 17, 2012
- Sign in using your AIA account information (if you don't have an account, you'll be prompted to create one)
- Select your registration category
- Check the box with the applicable event
- Select Add to Cart
- Select sessions
- Complete your registration as directed
If you experience difficulties with online registration please download a registration form
and return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 202-639-7624. If you have questions contact 800-242-3837.
SGN representatives will gather to discuss important advocacy issues facing state components and their members. The 2012 SGN Meeting will focus on policy issues that relate not only to the practice of architecture but also the business of architecture as well. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn from experts and colleagues best practices and new ideas to protect and advance the profession.Meeting Announcement
Things to Do
Before your trip to Denver, and while you are here, drinking plenty of water is the number one way to help your body adjust easily to our higher altitude. The low humidity in Colorado keeps the air dry, like the desert, so you need about twice as much water here as you would drink at home.
A limited block of rooms has been reserved at Denver Magnolia Hotel, 818 17th Street, Denver, CO. Reservations must be received no later than June 15 for the group rate; however, the block may sell out prior to the deadline. You are responsible for making your own reservations. To make your reservation, contact the reservation number, 888-915-1110 or book online
. Mention that you are with the AIA State Government Network (SGN) conference to receive the group rate of $149.00 for single/double occupancy plus 14.75 percent state and local taxes. All reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card when you make your reservation. The group’s cancellation policy requires cancellations be made by 12 noon the day prior to arrival. Travel
The AIA is pleased to offer discounted airline and car rentals for this conference. To make your reservations, log on to the AIA Web site and click on the Travel Information link or contact the AIA’s official travel agency, Ovation Corporate Travel at (800) 925-4055 (or 516-624-0308 for international callers) on Monday-Friday from 9am to 8pm Eastern.
American Airlines offers special rates and numerous discounts on round-trip fares in the United States. Attendees will receive a 5 percent discount off coach and first-class fares by using discount code 5572DR.
How to book on American:
* Directly through American Airlines (www.aa.com) enter 5572DR in the area for “Promotion Code”
* Call American Airlines Meeting Services desk directly toll free or ask your travel agent to contact, 800-433-1790, and refer to discount code 5572DR. The hours of operation are 6 a.m. – 1 a.m. Easter Time every day. Reservations for the hearing and speech impaired are also available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 800-543-1586.
* Reservations may also be made directly through Ovation Corporate Travel at (800-925-4055)
Are you an AAdvantage member?
Delta Air Lines is offering up to 10 percent discount off eligible published fares to event participants.
How to book on Delta:
To take advantage of these special offers, please follow these simple steps:
* Book online at the AIA Travel page (without booking fee) and your discount is calculated automatically.
* Call Delta Meeting Network reservations at 800-328-1111 (Toll-free reservation – No Booking fee), Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Refer to File Meeting Code NMDDB.
Or, have your travel agent call Delta’s toll-free number to obtain these same advantages for you. The travel agent must refer to File Meeting Code NMDDB.
Join SkyMiles Rewards Program
Airport Ground Transportation
The estimated taxi fare cost from the Denver airport to the Magnolia Hotel is $55.00 one way.
Book anywhere in the US and receive a discount with Super Shuttle.
Make your reservation online at Super Shuttle and use discount code MKSVY to save 10% off your roundtrip reservation made and paid online. Only reservations booked online may secure the discount (fuel surcharge and driver gratuity not included).
The AIA is committed to making meetings and conferences accessible to all to the degree reasonably possible. Please notify us at the time of registration if you have special accessibility needs or specific dietary requirements. Contact Sharia Barksdale, email@example.com or 202-626-7382.